The empeg looks great, although I noticed that the bass response from the empeg is significantly worse than the original concert head unit, although I think that this may be the 128kbps .mp3 files I have (I'll recode them and let you know).

MP3 files have no problem with bass response, even at low bitrates. Re-encoding your MP3s at higher bitrates will result in better high-frequency detail with fewer high-frequency artifacts, but the low frequencies will not change.

The reason the bass response from the Empeg is different (notice I said "different", not "worse", as you did), is because the Empeg puts out a genuinely flat signal. Most car stereos, especially factory stereos, have their bass artificially increased so that even a "flat" bass setting will increase the low frequencies somewhat.

All you need to do is play with the Empeg's loudness settings and the EQ a little bit. Although I recommend leaving the loudness off and doing it all with EQ. Also, it's better to cut frequencies than boost them- so to increase the bass response, you would cut back on the mids and highs, then compensate for the lost volume by turning up the volume louder and adjusting the amplifier gain.

Now where are those pictures?