Actually I have no problem calling support I've just been using their email channel that should work just as well shoudn't it?

Yes. Provided that you're calling the right number or using the right e-mail address, they should work just as well.

Although reading some posts here sounds like you can't even get a hold of them via phone so I haven't tried that route.

You're confusing US and England departments again. The people who can't get hold of anybody are not trying to call the English car player technical support team. They are trying to call the US customer service and sales center.

I'm trying to make this as clear as I can:

The people whose job it is to sell and deliver the car players are a completely different group of people than those whose job it is to do technical support and repair on those same players.

There is a clear difference between the customer service department and the technical support department. The former is the US operators who deal with things like shipments, credit card charges, and refunds. The latter is the Cambridge, England team which deals with repairing faulty players.

I will guarantee you that if you talk to someone in Cambridge about a problem, if it's within their power to do anything about it, they will handle it quickly, efficiently, and without trouble.

My point was that you were so worried about what would happen if you did call technical support, that you weren't sure if you should even pick up the phone at all. You feared that your call to technical support would encounter the same problems as your call to customer service did. I think this says something about the customer service department.