Heck, we even cooked the refried beans ourselves from actual real beans. Had a big old pressure cooker over a gas flame. Kind of interesting, really.

haha, really?! that's actually fascinating... are you sure it was a TACO BELL?! =]

Probably best not to. I'm definitely in the "ignorance is bliss" camp. What's the old saying? If you wish to retain your respect for Politicians and Sausages, best not look to closely at how either is made.

Too bad. See, even if you skip the chapter on the meat packing plant, the rest of the book is important... even moreso. I don't get this about so many techies i know... if i may make a huge generalization (and i'm not targeting this at you Tony, you just reminded me of this): they are all to willing to boycott a tech company or the RIAA for something they deem to be a civil liberties/free speech issue... but when presented with something similar regarding say, food prep, social ethics, labor rights issues, targeted advertising, or even monopolization in agri-business, they could care less. Things that have even more of an effect on your actual day to day life, how/what you eat, how your KIDS eat and THINK, how companies treat employees, or how a fast food mentality trickles down into WAY more than you'd ever think... they couldn't give flip and would rather not know about it. I don't get denying knowledge on any front. Especially on something that effects us so profoundly. We all want to know what our Gov't is up to every second of the day, but who cares about the companies that make what we eat and feed our kids. I just don't get that. Sorry for the rant guys/gals. Just struck a nerve. =]