>One, the visuals should be completely independant of the music source, so that
>they operate for the tuner, aux and empeg audio outs exactly the same.
>Basically, as a background process that has nothing to do with the source.
>That would make things nice and consistant.
Hmm i guess most of the visuals take direct benefit from the fact that the mp3 engine has the spectrum analysis ready without more work to do ...
That would mean: to do so for radio and aux, the empeg must do a fft to also do the visuals, so it really depends where the music comes from.
As it is for example also more cpu load to compress to mp3 as it is to decompress it, i have no idea, if the arm is strong enough :) to do the fft for doing the visuals likewise for aux and radio, empeg ppl, what do you think ?

>Two, have the information display have three modes: Off, On for X amount of
>time at begining of track, and On all the time.

YESYESYES ...
I hate the fact that you can't see the visuals corectly when the info is on, so having it on for the first X second would be great and not too hard to do.
Something also beeing useful, but a bit harder to do is:
When info is on -> compress the visuals in the top lines -> so the info is not just on top of the visual, but the visual gets "scaled" to fit in the leftover lines ( 24 ?? )

>Third, you can make the menu smaller by getting rid of the bounding lines and
>moving it to the top of the display, and only using the small font.

You speak out my thoughts

>Maintain the scrolling .... blablabla :)
Get rid of it in first place, a gui should be fast in first place, fancy in second, not vice versa ( speaking as the mother of wisdom, doing GUI's :)

>For Playlists, you could do what you do now and replace the menu bar with the
>playlist names and have sub-playlists appear on the drop-down menu.

Another -> GO FOR IT from my side :)

Yep Yep, so i mostly agree with you, NG ...
empeg, hear the people speaking :)

Nils

P.S. But please Do that hierarchical playlists first, please, i got the smallest setup -> 4GB and it already sux big time ... Forget that PIN crap :)

P.S.S. EQ for front & back seperated !! :) ( as third place or so, after the updated gui )