Yes, I know, It's not supposed to do that.

However, what I am trying to establish is my empeg in my Mercedes. And it's going to be a bit of a process to say the least.

In the meantime, I've got a solution that will end up being relatively clean. I'm going to use the cassette deck to input the sound. I believe this will sound better than the FM injectors. I didn't think I could use this before, as there is a door that has to be back up, but then I remembered that I knew how to solder.

So, I'm disassembling one of the cassette adapters, and replacing the thick normal cord with an extremely thin ribbon cable (like the ones used in laptop LCD displays... almost paper thin.) then hacking RCA's onto that. Given the dimensions of the headunit, this will result in about 2 mm worth of visible cable. I'll then run the cable around the headunit to underneath, where the empeg will reside.

The problem is that I can't hack the dash apart just yet. But I want my empeg back in the car!

So, I'm wanting to use the ultimate mounting surface until it's mounted. The Mercedes Leather Passenger Seat. I want to just have the home rca's hooked up to the cassette interface, and power the unit via the AC power jack, only using 12V from the cigarette lighter. I know that the empeg has filters for unclean power on the sled connections, but my question is, does that extend to the AC power input as well? Can it handle being subjected to possibly unclean alternator power instead of wall wart filtered juice?

This is obviously a tempory solution, but I'd rather the temporary NOT involve the sled.

Anyone see any glaring problems with this?