This is something I don't know how to do with my app. Do you have any ideas on how to get this to work on my webserver, or could you point me to something that might give me info I need to implement this? I'm not sure what the right question is to ask here, because I'm not quite sure how and where this is fixed.
When a webclient (in this case Winamp) requests a file from a webserver (in this case serving mp3's) it can tell it a range of bytes of the file to transfer.. This lets winamp seek to a specific place in the file (IE, the user dragging the seek bar) and start from there. Without this, the server would just send the whole file again. It can also be used to resume file transfers if something goes wrong.

I tried your example here (and a couple variations of it) but it didn't work for me. Just shows me info on what's currently playing on the unit. I might not be using it correctly or understand what it's supposed to do.
I'm not getting anything.. I can connect to the serial port and send commands, but only once did I even see serial commands initiated through the URL show up.. Even then, # commands don't seem to work for me.

Edit: now that I posted, the serial commands are working again.. but # command is not.. even through the serial port nothing happens..

Edited by Yang (31/01/2002 22:51)