Well I started that thread and its not stricly a Empeg issue - I suspect its more a Winamp issue, hence the Offtopic nature.

I did intend to stick a quick post with a link to that thread here but I got distracted.

I'm not sure what the Winamp problem is and as Mark doesn't run winamp [no non-Linux OS's for the kernel king :-)) ], so its pointless [and wasteful of his time] to ask him to sort out a problem not related as far as we know to his streaming hack for hijack.

The only comment I'd make is that Winamp may expect the id3 tag up front in the file - I think the rio Receiver outputs the ID3 tag at the very start in the mp3 file [i.e. it makes a mp3 tag, then tacks it on the front of the mp3 stream].
This way winamp has a tag as soon as the file starts.
thats just my surmise though and I may be wrong.

My only question to Mark would be, how difficult/costly [time & kernel memory wise] would it be for Hijack to take the http request for the *0 file, open the adjacent *1 file and using the [text] info in the *1 file make a valid ID3V2 MP3 Tag and whack it on the front of the mp3 file as its streamed to to the requesting app?
This might keep Winamp happy - but thats merely a suggestion not a request.