Okay, I take back my initial glowing review of Media Jukebox. It still has a lot of potential, but a few gripes:

1. The general bugginess of the thing. If I ever cancel a CDDB lookup, it crashes the program. This isn't a beta, so it had better be more stable if they expect me to pay to register.
2. The html ads and windows trying to sell me cd drives and everything else... this had BETTER go away if I ever pay the $25 to register.
3. The CDDB look up is no where near as slick as MusicMatch. Every 5 minutes it is trying to look up the CDDB for a CD even if it has failed the first 3 times (and I can't just hit cancel because it will crash). So I have to wait 20 seconds for it to realize that I'm STILL offline. And then, sometimes, it will erase the CD info I typed by hand.

But, I do like that it uses the LAME encoder and it is way faster than MusicMatch. The HIGH VBR files with True Stereo are smaller than the MusicMatch CBR files at 192kps. I want to find a way that I can rip to WAV say...10 cd's and then have it later encode those to mp3's and have all the tag info correct. That way, I can quickly rip to WAV and set a bunch to encode over night.

But still... if there was some way I could get MusicMatch to use LAME (which I paid for the lifetime updates for), I would use MusicMatch because it is stable, has deferred CDDB lookup, is generally a more pollished product and is easier to edit id3 tags......

So, I realized that wanting MusicMatch to use the LAME encoder is probably a pipe dream (I imagine that there a contractual agreements ?) but maybe oh well.