(hopefully there are still eyes on this thread)

I am using @Home (well, formerly @Home) for my broadband connection, and my empeg is unable to lease an IP from them, despite every additional machine having a nice 24.65.*.* address. Also, I don't particularly want my empeg visible from the outside world, so this isn't an issue for me.

I was able to connect to my empeg by turning off DHCP usage on my Win2K box (after recording what all the vital IP addresses were) so that I could add a second internal IP to my Ethernet adapter. No problem -- my PC exists on 24.65.*.* and 192.168.1.* at the same time. I set the empeg to a fixed 192.169.1.* address and I use it on that address both at home and at work.

The problem is, my IP expires with @Home every 24 hours, so if I don't hit the DHCP server up after 24 hours, I lose my connection -- so even though I've scraped all the important IPs off the DHCP and manually entered them, they're useless after 24 hours (even though they have never changed.)

Sadly, when I re-enable DHCP on my Win2K box, it discards the extra 192.168.1.* address I gave it, making the empeg inaccessible.

So, does anyone know of a way to use DHCP on an adapter WITH a fixed internal IP?

A few ppl have suggested just putting a second NIC in my machine for my internal subnet, but thats ridiculous.
- - - MK2 #141 12GB Queue #5723 (SOLD) MK2a 30GB + grn + tuner + blk empeg case