Hugo,

Okay, I found the MAJOR source of the problem. The front left/right lines are being used to connect EMPEG to NAK. That should be fine, the problem was in the rear connectors on the EMPEG. The rear right must be defective on the slide. Twisting the connector cause the distortion to increase, and go away ...

I cut the defective connector off, as well as the rear left connector, and capped them off. No need for them anyway.

Now I run the EMPEG at -6.5db, and it sounds pretty good. However, I can still notice a difference between using it this way, and using it with the 1v out on the back of the empeg. Granted, it sounds good now, but it still seems to have a little bit of distortion.

I looked at the connection between the empeg on the nak. Right now, the female left/right lines that come directly from the emp sled, and the femail left/right lines that come from the nak aux in, are connected by 2 gold male/male connectors. There is no common ground wire comming off those male/male connectors, so obviously they were added by the shop.

I do not recall ever seeing any extra cables in the box. My unit was 00028. Maybe I didn't receive anything extra? Am I missing something?

Chris Zimmerman
Simple Dialup - Owner
[email protected]
Chris Zimmerman - #427
[email protected]
MK.I - 00028
MK.II - 060000051