Well that is one problem that I'm having... but I use my phone a lot and don't want to give up the number. I never tell THEM that when I'm complaining though! And not only does their customer service suck, so does their web site. It doesn't even have an easy to find "search" page.

My real problem is that I am trying to replace my old TouchPoint phone. That thing rocks. I've dropped it a million times with no problems and I can get a signal just about anywhere. IT seems like the newer phones are weaker.... no phone except for my old Touchpoint seems to work in my house. But,that phone is 3 years old and the battery life is too short. A new battery for a phone that old costs as much as some new phones.

I bought a used "newer" touchpoint 2200 on eBay - what a mistake! It is less than a year old and looks about 20 years old with scratches etc. AND it wont work in the house. I went to a service location and had a new software update applied to the phone - but it still drops calls like crazy. I've searched for sites that review phones, but havn't had much luck. There is a site called www.sprintuser.com but it has about 10 members on its forum and no one seems to be able to answer anyone elses questions.

Are new phones weaker due to RF=brain cancer concerns?