Glad I could help. I was quite impressed with it myself, so I've been recommending it..

1> I agree it should probably turn the backlight off, but disabling the text itself isn't going to save enough power to even think about mattering... I'm not hearing distortion on mine.... That was a symptom of the 5200... you did get the 5250, right?

2> The image is a lighthouse, I believe... Why it's there, I have NO clue.

3> The Snowflakes are cute, but I wish I could just disable them... It makes reading my BB notifications a bit harder... But the extract number and email feature rocks.

I don't use the ringers and more stuff.. If you are using this on a personal account you can get it for free for 3 months. My understanding is that anything you download to the phone will stay there, even if you cancel service. So, sign up for it, find the crap you want, setup the phone the way you want it, and then cancel at the end of the three months. The catch with it is the fee for the service, PLUS the airtime on the wireless web (if you don't have that already)... They don't tell you about that...

I'm on a business account, and don't want to put this on everyone's phone... which, thanks to our rep, I'd have to do. No thanks.

I'll just stick with the little devil guy shouting the time at me.