Cool. Looks pretty nice.

I've been working on my car a bit recently. I'm trying to find the source of a knock and overall bad performance (rough idling and whatnot). I pulled out the radiator, fan, pulley, etc. to get at my timing chain because my Dad thought I screwed it up when I replaced it years ago. Looked fine to me when I opened it up, though. The two dots lined up on the gears. So, now I'm going to pull the oil pan and take a look into the engine. I recently removed the head and everything looked fine. The rods all looked good. Maybe a view from the bottom will give a new perspective on the situation.

I think my Dad's trying to push me into rebuilding the engine myself. It would save me quite a bit of money, but I'm not sure I want to do it on my own. I got a quote of $2500 to have it done by a professional Mustang place.

So, I'm not sure what to do. If I find something obviously wrong when I pull the oil pan, I can try fixing it. But, most likely the engine just needs to get rebuilt.