Also, I try to only correct people that I think need help. I don't correct the non-native English speakers because they don't expect me to speak perfect Swedish or Italian or whatever. In this case, I corrected because I don't want anyone to look bad at a job interview or in front of a professor or whatever.

IIRC, "Also" should not be used as the first word in a sentence and in addition, "or whatever" is a grammatical faux pas.

" In addition, I try to only correct people that I think need help. I don't correct the non-native English speakers because they don't expect me to speak perfect Swedish or Italian or other foreign language. In this case, I corrected the poster because I don't want anyone to look bad at a job interview or in front of a professor or teacher."
It is difficult to tell which context to place this in. You may have been trying to articulate '...(at a job interview) or (in front of a professor) or (other circumstance)', in which case additional punctuation may have helped. I hope that your future homework assignments do not suffer from the same errors. Otherwise excellent. A-

Sorry Bitt. I really tried, but I just couldn't resist.