Yesterday, I noticed that the temp wasn't working on my primary player so I broke out the backup. When I got it, I did the boot test and it was fine so I've just left it in the box and never messed with it. Well, last night was the first time its really gotten any use.

First, I verified that the temp sensor works fine in it. Then I thought I'd use this one and keep my original for a backup so I put 2.0b11 on it and let it copy my music overnight. This morning is where I noticed the wierdness with the dimmer.

The dimmer is very eratic. It will start out at 100 and then get dimmer at 90, 80, turn OFF at 70 (black screen), come on a little brighter at 60, full bright at 50, etc. Also, if I set it to 100 and keep turning the knob to the right, the display will change brightness while all the while saying 100%.

I thought maybe it is a bad connection because it's my old sled but a new player but when I brought it into my office, I used Hijack to force it to car mode while on AC power and I can reproduce the problem. Is this a hardware problem or a software bug? My other player never did this.