I've got all 3... well, okay, the xbox isn't really "mine"... it's at work... but the gamecube's controllers are by FAR the best things i've ever held. My only complaint about them is the "z" button, which you have to contort a tad to reach. The XBox's are attrocious. Slick, tiny, rounded buttons that are horribly placed, and the size is well... you've all heard plenty about that. I just had this discussion about what box to buy last month with one of my good friends, and i told him the same thing most of you guys are saying... go for the games. He got a PS2 and is lovin' it. If you're buying it for a kid, i'd say get a gamecube, and if you're a hardware/ooohhahhh person, go for xbox. But if you wanna have more fun and more games to choose from, go PS2. They are going to be releasing the ethernet adaptor and hard drive soon, so you won't be missing much for long. Games aren't about the best graphics/flash after all, they're about GOOD GAMES. The graphics difference at this point is fairly negligable anyhow. Can you still rent consoles at Blockbuster's and such? If so, i'd say give them both a try that way. blah blah yacket schmackety. My two dollerydoos.