Matt -

I would be happy to contribute to this forum any findings on the adapter. I should know by Monday if the Panasonic adapter can be ordered by Car Toys (www.cartoys.com).

My understanding is this Panasonic adapter typically links decks to Panasonic CD changers. While I am not sure, the adapters sold by Blitz (www.blitzsafe.com) and Peripheral (www.peripheralelectronics.com) are probably what Car Toys is trying to get a hold of. You may want to contact Blitz or Peripheral or perhaps wait for my response in this thread to see if I can offer any additional info.

Car Toys typically does not carry the part and a special order is being researched.

I am also planning on placing the Empeg directly below the Bose deck. I can see no other logical placement; I NEED to be able to see graphics that pulsate to my music. I am very concerned about sound quality and I just don't see the FM link offering much in the way of sound quality. I am sure others reading this thread are rolling their eyes about someone who paid extra money for a Bose system having any concern for sound quality. Rest assured there are many upgrades in my C230's future.

As for the aftermarket MB sites, there are many. I spent the agonizing weeks while my car was being transported from Idaho to Washington researching every hop-up available for the car. Be careful, many of these sites may cause ultra-excessive spending.

First the site where I found the discount changer:

Auto Class (www.autoclass.net)
Follow links to On-line catalog/mercedes/203/C203
Right now the last link in the chain is down, but is the same picture and price for the W203's changer.

Other sites, many of which contain lists of links. I threw the Renntech link in there as a bonus.
Eurosportiff.com (www.eurosportiff.com)
MBNZ.org (www.mbnz.org)
MercedesShop (www.mercedesshop.com)
Renntech Mercedes (www.renntechmercedes.com)

This will get you started.

Matt, how do you feel about the current sound quality of your car? I feel the soundstage needs to be lifted and the fidelity of the highs and lows needs work.

- Chris