Speaker wattage is how many watts you can cram into them before all the smoke leaks out of them and they stop working. 75 watt speakers can accept more wattage than 50 watt speakers, and thus make more noise before they stop making noise permanently.
But assuming that I never overdrive my speakers (I know, I know), what's the difference? I've read that doubling the Wattage only increases the actual volume level by about 3dB, and that to double the volume would require a tenfold increase in the Wattage. Based on that, 75 Watt speakers drawing 75 Watts would only be marginally louder than 50 Watt speakers drawing 50 Watts. Or is that information totally incorrect?

I guess what I'm asking is what the advantage is to having higher Wattage in the system. You say that ``lower resistance/higher wattage means less clean sound'', so why would I not go with 25 Watt @ 4 Ohm speakers and a 50 Watt at 4 Ohm amp, assuming that I'm looking for sound quality as opposed to just volume? Would the volume be way too low?

(Also, will n Watt speakers always draw n Watts from the amp, or is that the max, depending on volume or some other magic variable?)