In reply to:

The board is attached with double-sided tape. I wonder how this will fare over several years in the oft-warm Empeg environment? It looks like there could be room to add 2 small (homebrew?) nylon retaining clips to hold the edges of the board. Thoughts?

I think the tape should hold up. We have had some double sided tape in place outdoors for 7 years in the hot, humid New Orleans weather and it is still holding just fine. There may be room for clips, but I don't know where they would be secured to the Empeg. Anyone purchasing the boards is welcome to install anyway they want. The manual only showcases how we do it.

As for the signal routing, we run a 6 inch unshielded pair to the RCA jack. It works fine and drives a 12 foot (shielded) digital cable very well. My guess is that it will take more like 7-8 inches to reach the connector in the opposite corner, but I don't anticipate this being a problem. Due to the extremely cramped quarters in the back of the Empeg, there really is no choice but to use unshielded cabling.

For those of you waiting, we appologize for the extended wait. We are assembling them now. At roughly 45 minutes each, it will be a while.

Stu