In reply to:

To me that's just sorta a anti-friendly community thing here... and my opinion is he's trying to make some profit. It's the way things go i guess, but i like how we get to share resources like this for the love of hobbies like this... not for profit.

And to all,
Since when did trying to turn a profit become wrong? Do you think the empeg team wasn't making a profit? Do you think Darkstorm isn't making a profit? It bugs that the same people who get mad when someone says that the empeg isn't worth $1500 to them also get mad when someone tries to sell their player for half that. Geez, do you want the guy to give you the player or you won't be his friend? If you don't think the price is reasonable, don't buy it. There's no reason to rag on him about it. If you buy stock, and the share price goes up, is it so wrong to sell it for what it's worth?

And as for the picture thing, sure he didn't take the picture and you (tony) should have some say in it, but I just don't see how it's that big of a deal. it's kinda like a kid bringing a ball over to someone's house but not letting anyone else play with it for the sake that it's HIS ball. I think if you put something up on the internet, you should expect to share it at least to some extent. If you put a water fountain up in a park, don't expect other people not to use it.

I'm not trying to incite a riot here; it's just my thoughts.

Edited by Yz33d (01/05/2002 02:46)