I used a Neo for a while... while it is a decent mp3 setup, it really pales in comparison to the empeg. Sound is OK, I never had an issue with that.... I did have problems with HD compatibility and getting a straight answer from their tech support... the hardware is cheap... (I had to buy a 12v dc\dc converter just to get the HD to spin up in my car).

It's no where near as well designed as the empeg... when you get the thing... you think "HMMM this is just a frickin hard-drive tray with a decoder chip slapped on it, and some really poorly laid out buttons on the front" and the display was really cheap looking (then again I had the first gen display, which was way crappy). It's not really made to replace your head unit... in fact you need an aux in or a tape adaptor to run it from your head unit... forget about mounting it in your dash, it doesn't fit most cars, put it under the seat and buy the external LCD/controller for it (which is kind of cheap looking as well). No advanced audio settings for it that I remember.

As I stated earlier it does play mp3's and does a decent job, I also have to give it a thumbs up on the interface... it's really easy to use. it's what you want if you simply care about getting a bargain bin mp3 car player. In my opinion it's like comparing a BMW to a Pinto.... they serve the same purpose just not on the same playing field.