Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#101117 - 24/06/2002 15:23 empeg camp in Cincinnati (owners meeting)
Laura
pooh-bah

Loc: Greenhills, Ohio
The other thread was getting a bit long so I am starting another thread on this. Mark Lord emailed me today that he should be able to make this meet so hopefully he will be willing to do some back lit button hacks for people. He will be back on the BBS next week.

Also, since it is in the fall and in a state park, the cabins will be going quickly to people who want to come see the pretty fall colors. I need to reserve the cabins this weekend before they are gone.

The date is Saturday, September 21st but some may be coming down on Friday the 20th. The meet will be held at Hueston Woods State Park. The cabins rent for $145 a night and sleep 6. I am going to be putting the money up front for these rentals so I need to know
1. how many are attending
2. how many nights are you staying (1 or 2)
3. how many are you willing to put up with in your cabin
(3,4,5,6)

I'll need to know how many to rent and how many nights I need them. And yes, I will need to bunk with some of you also, I can't afford one to myself. But I want a room to myself

Rob is going to donate some stickers and fleeces and we will be taking the empeg quiz that they took over in NL. I will also come up with some others prizes and competitions.

If anyone is into paintball they have a course for that, someone else would have to take charge of that since I've never played but I will join in if someone gets this going. Bring your bikes (either mountain or street) if you want to hit the trails and I believe that a rock climb is going to be planned for Sunday or Monday in Red River Gorge which is in Kentucky for those brave souls who want to go.

So be sure you want to come so I don't get stuck with $100's for the cabin rentals. You can PM or email me or answer in this thread. I hope a bunch of you can come.

MKI #017/90

whatever

#101118 - 24/06/2002 15:32 Re: empeg camp in Cincinnati (owners meeting) [Re: Laura]
ineedcolor
addict

Loc: Windsor, Ontario Canada
Hello Laura

Count me in for two nights, for two persons (my girlfriend and I). We are willing to share any cabin space We plan on arriving around 7ish on Friday evening (hopefully).

#101119 - 24/06/2002 15:35 Re: empeg camp in Cincinnati (owners meeting) [Re: Laura]
robricc
carpal tunnel

Loc: New Jersey, USA
Count me in for one day (Saturday), no cabin. I will likely be driving the Viggen, so in order to be at the meet on time (I assume Noon) I will have to arrive in the Cincinnati area Friday night. I am going to try an book a hotel for Friday and Saturday that is 2-3 hours from the meet. That way, I can make up some time Saturday night on the trip back.

I think I have a free night coming up on my Best Western membership, so I should be sleeping free one of the nights. Cool.

#101120 - 24/06/2002 15:35 Re: empeg camp in Cincinnati (owners meeting) [Re: ineedcolor]
Laura
pooh-bah

I'll bunk with you guys. You can have the other bedroom. I wanted to get there Friday night too. Since the meet in where I live I still wanted to make a vacation out of this. I'll post directions closer to the meet.

MKI #017/90

whatever

#101121 - 24/06/2002 19:40 Re: empeg camp in Cincinnati (owners meeting) [Re: robricc]
justinlarsen
old hand

Loc: Petaluma, CA
man rob is a true empeg tropper, i wish i could afford to fly out there. Sounds like a really fun meet.

#101122 - 25/06/2002 03:38 Re: empeg camp in Cincinnati (owners meeting) [Re: justinlarsen]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeah that sounds fun.

#101123 - 25/06/2002 07:14 Re: empeg camp in Cincinnati (owners meeting) [Re: Laura]
drakino
carpal tunnel

Laura, do you want me to put a signup for this meet similar to the one for the Western US or European meet? Should just take me a few minutes to modify the existing one. PM me and we can discuss access and such.

#101124 - 25/06/2002 17:52 Re: empeg camp in Cincinnati (owners meeting) [Re: drakino]
Laura
pooh-bah

There is now a sign up sheet for this meet located at riocar.org that Drakino was so kind to put up, just click on owners meet. There is also a URL to the park site for those wanting to read more about it. Come one come all

MKI #017/90

whatever

#101125 - 26/06/2002 19:22 Re: empeg camp in Cincinnati (owners meeting) [Re: Laura]
robricc
carpal tunnel

Loc: New Jersey, USA
In hopes of getting more people to attend, I am donating a tuner to the list of prizes.

YES, YOU CAN WIN A TUNER!

We will attempt to make it so only people without a tuner can win. I guess there will be more details to come...

#101126 - 26/06/2002 19:29 Re: empeg camp in Cincinnati (owners meeting) [Re: robricc]
ineedcolor
addict

Loc: Windsor, Ontario Canada
Awsome...

I'm gonna show up twice just to increase my chances!

Thanks Rob, great idea and incentive

#101127 - 26/06/2002 19:29 Re: empeg camp in Cincinnati (owners meeting) [Re: robricc]
Laura
pooh-bah

I wanted Rob to annouce that first since it is such a wonderful prize. I already have one so don't worry, I won't rig it so I win it.

Also to add to the list of prizes, Darkstorm is holding back a smoked lens (or another color that he may have) to donate. The smoked are the best I think.

And also the empeg guys across the pond have a list of items they are donating including an origianl empeg bag (this may be the last one), Rio fleeces (which are like sleeveless vests), original blue lens, Rio pens, CD wrapper cutters, a few US power supplies and plenty of stickers.

This may be the last meet in which they will have anything to donate since Sonic Blue is no longer backing these meets.

So come and win what you can and have fun while you are there:)

I will see if Drakino can add that to the sign up sheet.

Edited by Laura (26/06/2002 19:32)

MKI #017/90

whatever

#101128 - 26/06/2002 19:31 Re: empeg camp in Cincinnati (owners meeting) [Re: ineedcolor]
Laura
pooh-bah

Maybe your girlfriend will win it and then you will have to be very nice to her

MKI #017/90

whatever

#101129 - 02/07/2002 17:58 Re: empeg camp in Cincinnati (owners meeting) [Re: Laura]
MMorrow
journeyman

Loc: Bellingham, WA USA
Laura,

I had been away from the board for a bit, and only saw the announcement last night. After reading about Hueston Woods at their web site, I signed up on the spot. Even if no one shows, I am convinced my family and I will have a great time. How is the availability of cabins on that weekend? Since I would like an entire cabin for my family would it be better to make my own reservation? It doesn't seem fair that you front the money for the rental; however I do want to be in a cabin close to the empeg action. Let me know if there is a way to send payment or call in a CC for the cabin, even if you are making the reservation. We will be arriving Friday night (6-7pm) and heading back home late Sunday afternoon. Looking forward to seeing y'all in September!

Regards, Mark

#101130 - 02/07/2002 19:28 Re: empeg camp in Cincinnati (owners meeting) [Re: MMorrow]
Laura
pooh-bah

I am going there this Thursday to check on the cabins. Hopefully Drakino will give me access to the list by then or tell me how many are coming and how many cabins I need to get. I will find out about you calling them and giving your credit card to them or we'll figure something out. I had planned to go last weekend but only 3 had signed up so I didn't go, but the count is much higher now

And I'll be glad to meet you and your family. Along with everyone else of course.

MKI #017/90

whatever

#101131 - 05/07/2002 13:30 Re: empeg camp in Cincinnati (owners meeting) [Re: Laura]
Laura
pooh-bah

Ok, this morning I was able to reserve 5 cabins. They will be sending me a contract in the maill and I will at that time be given a 800 phone number so people can call in and place a deposit down. We have until August 20th to do that so I won't have to front the money all myself. I'll be going back out in a couple of weeks to talk to the sales department about what we need for the meet and where we can hold certain events.

I think we will also have time to plan something fun on Saturday. Would people be more interested in
1. renting a boat for a few hours (they have many types and sizes available)
2. playing paintball (would cost $25 for the whole group to play and they set it all up for us)
3. go mountain biking (they have a rental place and trails)
4. horseback riding (they have horses and trails there)
5. swim ( there is a small beach at the lake or there is a pool
at the lodge)

I'm thinking we will probably meet at noon on Saturday at the lodge and have lunch there and get to know each other (for those coming Saturday) and hold the competitions after that. They have a conference room that is available to us but the cost of that is $195, would people be willing to split the cost or do you not want to bother with it. Then we can go play and have our cookout dinner. For those that were thinking of camping, the camp site is a ways off from the cabins, but you're welcome to do that.

For the person that wants his own cabin for your family I will contact you personally by email shortly.

MKI #017/90

whatever