Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#128726 - 01/12/2002 21:50 some weirdness happened to me today
RobotCaleb
pooh-bah

Loc: Austin
drove to the house i was supposed to stop at, paused the player while looking for the correct house number (why is that?) and when i found the house i turned off my car. ran in, came back out, no more than 2 minutes from the car. get back in the car, start it and no sound comes out. oh yeah, i paused it. press play nothing. now at this particular point in the track theres about 40 seconds of silence anyway. so i figure thats whats up. next track. nothing. hmm.. menu. nothing. play/pause. nothing. ok... wierd maybe it froze. i pull it out and reseat it.
boots up and sits there not playing a thing. blank screen. im in transient and it does pop up with song name and artist. i figure its still paused. play/pause. nothing. wierd. so i start hitting a bunch of buttons on the face. menu button next track previous track play/pause. finally i just ignore it figuring ill take a look when i get home. about 2 minutes after i start ignoring it i hear a plethora of beeps. skips about nine tracks, loads a few new playlists and ends up paused on a track. after that it worked fine, other than button presses being a little more laggy than normal. pulled it out reseated works same as before. no problems since. ive done nothign to the player in over a month. havent even plugged it into a computer in as much time.

#128727 - 02/12/2002 21:19 Re: some weirdness happened to me today [Re: RobotCaleb]
mrfixit
enthusiast

The first problem sounds like one I have every so often, its seems like the pause circuit gets crossed up with the mute I think Tony has seen this before too. But the rest of the symtoms I have no clue other than when you "pressed a bunch of buttons" it didn't recognise that they were pushed untill later when it just did them all at once.
mk2a 40gig blue no illumination....yet
hijacked

#128728 - 07/12/2002 04:56 Re: some weirdness happened to me today [Re: RobotCaleb]
ltd
new poster

Similar thing happened to me. Turned the ignition on.... the player was paused... press play... the visuals are going as if it thinks it's playing, but nothing is coming out.... press pause and I get a slight sound out of the speakers (part of what was meant to be playing).. Change playlists, and it was fine.

#128729 - 09/12/2002 17:56 Re: some weirdness happened to me today [Re: ltd]
RobotCaleb
pooh-bah

Loc: Austin
thats the backwards mute problem.

as a follow-up to what i experienced, it seems to be somethign with blank tracks/pieces of tracks. i have a song that i ripped that dint work, 10 minutes of silence. all of the commands sent from the face are very laggy while this is playing. i havent tried using the remote on it. still have to find that.