Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#151516 - 30/03/2003 10:53 linux questions.... yet again!.....=)
ilDuce
journeyman

I just tried to wath "Hero" on my linux box, wich is in cantonese (chinese). Allthough I had some problems since I dont know chinese...=) And I havent got a clue on how to get subtitles working in linux? For DivX that is!...
Is there something like DVobSub for linux or how does it work?

And another question....
I have been trying to install X0rfbServer on my linux machine but I havent been able to do so.... Since it asks for an old header file. I have the header but its a newer one, not compatible with X0rfb source.... How do I work this out? The information supplied by X0rfb is really bad and their homepage is even worse...
I guess it would work to get precompiled binaries? from somewhere?? or what?
Maybe I can uninstall my current header so that I can install the old one? And the compile? dont know how to do that though!
I am now running mandrake 9.0...And I only know basic stuff in linux.... so all help with good explenations would be really appreciated!

I know you guys know a whole lot of linux stuff so I really hope you can help me!..... thanks man!

#151517 - 30/03/2003 21:21 Re: linux questions.... yet again!.....=) [Re: ilDuce]
StigOE
addict

A search on RPM Pbone Search gave me these links: this and this. Hope they can help you.

Stig

#151518 - 31/03/2003 03:25 Re: linux questions.... yet again!.....=) [Re: StigOE]
ilDuce
journeyman

well... not really...... I already have the RPM:s..... But the x0rfb software needs xclass (libxclass.so.0.6.2). And when I try to install xclass i get this:
package libxclass0-0.6.3-7mdk (wich is newer than libxclass0-0.6.2-1mdk) is already installed
file /usr/lib/libxclass.so.0 from installation libxclass0-0.6.2-1mdk is in conflict with file in package libxclass0-0.6.3-7mdk

This i where i step into trouble.... I have tried to uninstall the newer libxclass but it is required by my current Xvnc installation. So I havent been able to really uninstall it.

Any ideas on how to proceed guys?