Does anyone use ICQ's email express feature? I can't seem to get it working. It's the thing where you send an email to [email protected] and the contents of the email are displayed as an ICQ "email express" message inside ICQ. I've tried sending to myself, and it hasn't worked. Have they disabled this feature? It's still shown on their website, and when I go to my "ICQ control center page" it allows me to send an email express message to myself, but when I do, nothing happens.

At first I was trying with Trillian, but thinking maybe this wasn't implemented in Trillian, I used the latest version of the ICQ program itself, which also did not work. Does anyone currently use this feature? Was it disabled due to spammer abuse or something?

BTW I made sure my privacy settings were okay (there's an option to refuse email express messages, but that option is not selected.) So I'm really stumped here.

FWIW, my plan is to switch my email address for the BBS to my ICQ email express address, so when I get "someone replied to your post" messages, they go to my ICQ window instead of cluttering up my email program's inbox.