Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#210521 - 24/03/2004 03:27 WTB: Anyone want to sell me a cheap amp?
adavidw
addict

Loc: Utah, USA
Hi,

It's been several months since my empeg was taken out of my old car, and it's finally time to go in the new car. Problem is, I'm terribly cheap, and want to do this without spending a ton of money. Yet, I also want to do this right... That means >$50 for dash kits and adapters and stuff instead of cutting, duct tape, and whatever I have left lying around. That doesn't leave much left over for an amp. I'd be willing to spend more if I knew it would be in this car for a while, but it could be only in for a few months.

So, does anyone have an amp just lying around that they haven't gotten around to ebaying/giving away? I'm looking for 4 channels, and just enough power and sound quality to do justice to the factory speakers (i.e. not much). I'm not really interested in a $1000 uberamp for $100, even though it might be a smoking deal. It's still out of my price range. I'm more interested in the $89 amp for $20. Realistically, $50 plus shipping is about my upper limit.

So, how about it? Anyone have anything lying around?

#210522 - 24/03/2004 03:56 Re: WTB: Anyone want to sell me a cheap amp? [Re: adavidw]
fishmonger
stranger

Loc: /home/fish
I don't have a used amp, but a quick glance at etronics.com yields a couple possible contenders for you ... there's this one, this one, or this one. There are other options, but those are the cheapest 4-ch they carry.

#210523 - 24/03/2004 10:11 Re: WTB: Anyone want to sell me a cheap amp? [Re: adavidw]
siberia37
old hand

Loc: Tacoma,WA
Check pawn shops and junk shops. I got my Kenwood 2-channel for $12 because the guy thought it was broken (it had a floating ground I think? so you have to ground all speaker terminals).

#210524 - 24/03/2004 22:41 Re: WTB: Anyone want to sell me a cheap amp? [Re: adavidw]
tanstaafl.
carpal tunnel

Loc: Ajijic, Mexico
Anyone have anything lying around?

I don't... but eBay does.

A quick and dirty search ("car", "amplifier", exclude "kit") yielded about 500 hits priced between $1 and $50, and about 250 of them were "Buy It Now".

tanstaafl.