Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#219572 - 25/06/2004 03:45 jemplode problems
adavidw
addict

Loc: Utah, USA
Hi,

jemplode has been freaking out for me on my Windows machine, so I moved over to my PowerBook to hopefully have it work. Much to my dismay, jemplode doesn't work on this PowerBook at all anymore.

It has worked on this machine in the past, but I haven't tried it for a few months.

What specifically happens is that I get the perpetual "Loading..." in the playlists pane, which never refreshes with the content of my player. If I run the jar from the command line, I get this little tidbit in the terminal when I try to connect to the empeg:

apple.awt.EventQueueExceptionHandler Caught Throwable :
com.inzyme.exception.ChainedRuntimeException: Failed to create connection factory for device.
at org.jempeg.protocol.discovery.SSDPDevice.getConnectionFactory(SSDPDevice.java:73)
at org.jempeg.empeg.manager.dialog.ConnectionListModel.getElementAt(ConnectionListModel.java:37)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicListUI.updateLayoutState(BasicListUI.java:1147)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicListUI.maybeUpdateLayoutState(BasicListUI.java:1098)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicListUI.getCellBounds(BasicListUI.java:736)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicListUI$FocusHandler.repaintCellFocus(BasicListUI.java:1423)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicListUI$FocusHandler.focusLost(BasicListUI.java:1441)
at apple.laf.AquaListUI$FocusHandler.focusLost(AquaListUI.java:64)
at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.focusLost(AWTEventMulticaster.java:172)
at java.awt.Component.processFocusEvent(Component.java:5006)
at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:4888)
at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:1569)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:3615)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:1627)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:3477)
at java.awt.KeyboardFocusManager.redispatchEvent(KeyboardFocusManager.java:1713)
at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.typeAheadAssertions(DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.java:777)
at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.dispatchEvent(DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.java:497)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:3506)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:1627)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:3477)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:456)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:234)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:184)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:178)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:170)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:100)

I'm hoping Mike or someone can recognize this and see if it's fixable.

For reference, this is OS X 10.3.4, with java version 1.4.2_03. Jemplode 54, too, of course.

-Aaron

#219573 - 25/06/2004 09:30 Re: jemplode problems [Re: adavidw]
mschrag
pooh-bah

Loc: Richmond, VA
I'll take a look a this when I get home .. I think you can disable SSDP discovery with a setting.

#219574 - 25/06/2004 12:50 Re: jemplode problems [Re: mschrag]
adavidw
addict

I was assuming that it didn't have anything to do with the discovery part, since I get the "Looking For Devices..." window that allows me to select my empeg. It's after I select my empeg and hit okay that nothing happens.

#219575 - 25/06/2004 12:52 Re: jemplode problems [Re: adavidw]
mschrag
pooh-bah

For some reason something with SSDP is failing, which is causing an exception in the UI thread, which is killing the UI. Unfortunately because of the way exception handling happens in the UI thread, I'm not able to see the root cause from your error, but it's definitely related to discovery.

#219576 - 25/06/2004 13:03 Re: jemplode problems [Re: mschrag]
adavidw
addict

Good enough. Here's something else I just tried. If I deselect "Ethernet Broadcast" in the "Connection Options" window, and just type in the empeg's address instead, jemplode never finds the empeg. It just sits there forever "looking for devices...". And, I get nothing on the command line.

hmmm...

#219577 - 27/06/2004 12:52 Re: jemplode problems [Re: adavidw]
mschrag
pooh-bah

jEmplode 55 uploading now -- give it about 15 mins.

I didn't get a chance to test this on my Powerbook because I'm just about to leave, but I put an error check around this part so hopefully it won't kill the entire thing.

Also, I was able to direct-connect to my Karma when I filled in the ethernet address ... So try that again too.