Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#222648 - 21/01/2003 13:39 Music file structure in the Reciever manager sw?
jonjonbear
stranger

Hello group..I am patiently awaiting my recievers to arrive and I downloaded the receiver manager software but have a question..I let it "search my computer" for music files, which it did but how do I see what files it found and where? I assume it found all the music files on my hard drive C:?
In my Archos Jukebox it's display shows folders, ect that the music on it's hard drive is in but I am guessing this software doesn't work that way? Does it just list all the music in order as it finds it? Example..If I have George Strait in several places(folders or drives), will it find them all together and list them if I search "George Strait"? Hope this isn't a stupid question! :-)
Thanks..John

#222649 - 21/01/2003 13:46 Re: Music file structure in the Reciever manager sw? [Re: jonjonbear]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
You can select either "by artist" (for instance, George Strait), or you can select "by playlist", where you create custom lists of MP3s by listing them in an M3U file.

#222650 - 21/01/2003 13:52 Re: Music file structure in the Reciever manager sw? [Re: tfabris]
jonjonbear
stranger

Thanks Tony,
Is it possible, say later on I want it to only use the music in a specific folder, If I have it re-search the drive I choose will it "forget" about the files it found on a previous search?

#222651 - 21/01/2003 23:50 Re: Music file structure in the Reciever manager sw? [Re: jonjonbear]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Dunno, you'll have to mess with it and see how it works once you get it all hooked up. I don't use the PC version of the music server software any more, I exclusively use the HSX-109 to serve the receivers.

#222652 - 22/01/2003 03:09 Re: Music file structure in the Reciever manager sw? [Re: jonjonbear]
Roger
carpal tunnel

Loc: London, UK
If I have it re-search the drive I choose will it "forget" about the files it found on a previous search?

Yes. The database is rebuilt completely when you rescan for more music.