Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#225640 - 02/07/2004 15:32 Help with emphatic
BREmpeg
new poster

Hi ALL,
I have emphatic installed in my Empeg and it is Running fine (I think). The problem is when I play a song with lyrics nothing happens on the Empeg screen. With terminal on I can see a message saying:
Oops! Info FID 5621 not found!
Oops! Music FID 5620 not found!
Looks like it is not recognizing the lyrics. I used the Winamp plugin and the lyrics work fine there. Also I'm using Sylt as the Lyrics format. Am I missing something here? Thanks in advance.

Ricardo (Brazil)

#225641 - 02/07/2004 16:44 Re: Help with emphatic [Re: BREmpeg]
elperepat
enthusiast

Loc: Qc, Canada
Could be a problem with the plugin too... don't be too fast to point emphatic :-) Keep in mind that the plugin is stilll in developement stage too... And I mainly test the plugin with itself: If it's able to re-read itself, using a "similar" way as emphatic does, I consider it saves the lyrics ok. There could be differences between the plugin's way to understand the SYLT frame and emphatic's way though.

Do you have this problem only with a single file? Does it work for others?

Ah!, and do other people tried to upload timestamped songs to their empeg to see them in emphatic? It's working here, but haven't got any feedback of this from others. Maybe BREmpeg is not the only one...

#225642 - 02/07/2004 16:50 Re: Help with emphatic [Re: BREmpeg]
tonyc
carpal tunnel

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA
This one is probably emphatic's fault. The messages it's printing tell me that you're probably on Player software v3, or one of the v2 betas that supported the "new FID structure." The default in the currently-released version of emphatic is the OLD structure.

To change it, you'll have to edit your config.ini where you start emphatic up and add a -N option, e.g.:

;@EXEC_ONCE /usr/local/bin/emphatic -N

Or whatever syntax you use to launch it. The -N (must be capital N) is the "New Fids" option.

A new version of emphatic will be coming out "real soon now" which will automatically figure out the right FID structure so you won't have to bother with this option.

(But keep in mind, I've been saying "real soon now" for months. That said, I do feel pretty close to a release...)

#225643 - 02/07/2004 17:08 Re: Help with emphatic [Re: tonyc]
BREmpeg
new poster

BINGO!!!! It's workin now!
Thanks a LOT!!

#225644 - 02/07/2004 17:55 Re: Help with emphatic [Re: BREmpeg]
BREmpeg
new poster

Just another question came into my mind. Is it possible to run emphatic automatic when Empeg boots? My emphatic just appears on Hijack menu but requires me to run it.

Thanks agains.

#225645 - 02/07/2004 18:09 Re: Help with emphatic [Re: BREmpeg]
tonyc
carpal tunnel

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA
Quote:
Just another question came into my mind. Is it possible to run emphatic automatic when Empeg boots? My emphatic just appears on Hijack menu but requires me to run it.

Thanks agains.

I asked for that feature in Hijack a few months ago. Basically the user would designate an app to be "auto selected" from the Hijack menu. I forget if Mark didn't like the idea, or if he just hasn't had time to get to it yet. Probably the latter, as his Hijack hacking time over the summer is very minimal.

#225646 - 05/07/2004 19:01 Re: Help with emphatic [Re: tonyc]
newguy1
enthusiast

Loc: Massachusetts,USA
Hi,now that there is an easier way for me to tag my mp3 with lyrics(thanks elperepat) I cant get emphatic to work. Here is what I have for info:
Version 2 final software
Hijack 395
Emphatic is set up to run ;@DC ;@EXEC_ONCE /programs/emphatic
When I run it,all that comes up is a blank area where the lyrics should be and it freezes the player.
The song displays the lyrics with winamp just fine.