Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#227639 - 16/07/2004 21:07 SLimserver and Rio receiver?
Bane
stranger

I have been looking at buying a slim devices squeezebox, and noticed that the slimserver software it uses is open source. Has anyone tried to get it to work with the Rio? I don't know how possible it is, but if possible it would be worth it. It supports ogg, flac, itunes, mp3, wav, etc and is not nearly as complex as the jreceiver.

#227640 - 23/07/2004 17:03 Re: SLimserver and Rio receiver? [Re: Bane]
damage
stranger

maybe you can tune into a slim stream as if it were a shoutcast stream. i haven't tried it, but i know you can point winamp at it & it will pick up the stream (ie open 127.0.0.1:9000/stream.mp3 in winamp )

an easy way to do test this out is using a third party client w/ shoutcast support.

Quote:
I have been looking at buying a slim devices squeezebox, and noticed that the slimserver software it uses is open source. Has anyone tried to get it to work with the Rio? I don't know how possible it is, but if possible it would be worth it. It supports ogg, flac, itunes, mp3, wav, etc and is not nearly as complex as the jreceiver.