Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#256628 - 21/05/2005 16:57 tRio + Rio Receiver + Audio Receiver Mgr = no sound
Steve A
new poster

I am running a Rio Receiver with tRio 0.1.6, JRE 1.4.2_08 and Rio Audio Receiver Manager and I am getting no sound. Mute is off. Volume is 10.

If I run with Audio Receiver Mgr only and without tRio (original receiver.arf), I can play music with no problem (connected to a sound system via audio connectors).

When I use tRio, the display on the receiver unit and the tRio front end tell me that the music is playing, but I get no sound.

Tried changing send-method in tRio.xml to "tcp" - no change in behavior.

Running on DLink 802.11g network - wireless bridge and receiver are connected via a 10mb hub.

Help!?!?

SteveA

Edited by Steve A (22/05/2005 15:06)

#256629 - 23/05/2005 15:27 Re: tRio + Rio Receiver + Audio Receiver Mgr = no sound [Re: Steve A]
pauln
enthusiast

Loc: UK
Steve,

Please attach a log (look in TRIO_HOME/logs) of what's happening when you press PLAY.

Cheers
Paul

#256630 - 23/05/2005 22:32 Re: tRio + Rio Receiver + Audio Receiver Mgr = no sound [Re: pauln]
Steve A
new poster

Paul -

First - thanks for the reply!

So, things have gotten more interesting. The receiver started playing music today (automagically). Unplugged the receiver, rebooted the server, and it just worked - imagine that - I had tried that several times before to no effect.

Now I have a new problem. The receiver stopped playing again this afternoon, but with different behavior - every time I queue up music to play and hit "Play" in the applet interface, I get the PLAY arrow outline in the applet UI, but then the applet seems to lose the connection to the server (goes back to the Status property sheet in the applet with a status "not connected"). Have unplugged and rebooted everything, but to no avail so far.

Any help is appreciated. Most recent log attached (truncated to today's entries to get around the size constraint).

Thanks - Steve

Attachments
256314-Copyoftrio-log-0.txt (441 downloads)

#256631 - 26/05/2005 05:43 Re: tRio + Rio Receiver + Audio Receiver Mgr = no sound [Re: Steve A]
pauln
enthusiast

Steve,

I've had a look through your logs and it looks as if the connection to the receiver is being lost for some reason. I although you're getting a bit further now, I'd imagine it's going to be very hit-and-miss.

I'd imagine it's something to do with your wifi set up. When you say you have a hub attached to your bridge, how many devices are attached to the hub? Does connecting the receiver straight to the hub (using a crossover cable or port) help. And what's the model number of the bridge?

Cheers
Paul

#256632 - 26/05/2005 19:07 Re: tRio + Rio Receiver + Audio Receiver Mgr = no sound [Re: pauln]
Steve A
new poster

Paul -

The bridge is a DLink DWL-G810 and the AP is a DLink DI-624. Both are 802.11g. I have the channel on the AP fixed at 11, short preamble turned on, extended range turned off, Super G mode (turbo) disabled.

I have both the wireless bridge and the receiver plugged into a 10mb 3Com OfficeLink hub - nothing else is plugged in. They are both plugged in directly and with no crossover. Link lights for both devices are on. Before I started using the 10mb hub (receiver and bridge connected directly via straight thru ethernet cable), the receiver could not find the music server more than one time in 10 (if at all) - now it always finds the music server and music.

If I string a 25' cat5 cable from my switch to the hub, things seem to work great, but the visual esthetics suck (and the wife would kill me).

I turned off the receiver, and shut down tRIo and the audio mgr, moved the orginal RIO receiver.arf file back into place, and then restarted the audio mgr and turned on the receiver - the receiver plays just fine in this case - very confusing...

Once again - appreciate the assist. I have been battling this setup for over 3 weeks - ugh.

Best - Steve

#256633 - 27/05/2005 06:16 Re: tRio + Rio Receiver + Audio Receiver Mgr = no sound [Re: Steve A]
pauln
enthusiast

Steve,

I've had a look on the DLink site and there are firmware updates for your models. Have you applied these?

Cheers
Paul

#256634 - 27/05/2005 13:16 Re: tRio + Rio Receiver + Audio Receiver Mgr = no sound [Re: pauln]
Steve A
new poster

Paul -

Yes - both the AP and the bridge are at the most recent revision of the firmware and have been for a few weeks.

Just ran some more tests - although I thought that both WMA and MP3 were playing before (a few days ago), only MP3s will play without resetting the connection. Every MP3 I tested worked and every WMA I tested failed. So, I now went back and searched thru the postings and I see that you stated that tRio does not support WMA, correct? Sounds like I have to re-rip EVERYTHING? Damn... If this is the case, is there any alternative to me re-ripping a few hundred CDs?

Best - Steve

Edited by Steve A (27/05/2005 13:43)

#256635 - 27/05/2005 14:33 Re: tRio + Rio Receiver + Audio Receiver Mgr = no sound [Re: Steve A]
Jerz
addict

Loc: Jesusland

#256636 - 29/05/2005 13:44 Re: tRio + Rio Receiver + Audio Receiver Mgr = no sound [Re: Jerz]
Steve A
new poster

I talked to a friend that turned me on to tRio - he tells me that WMA files play just fine on his set up. Only difference is that he is running an earlier version of Java... SO, what am I doing wrong? Hooked up a wired network again today and the box still disconnects when I play a WMA - damn!

Steve