Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#281482 - 15/05/2006 19:13 Tech Support ID10T error of the Day
russmeister
enthusiast

Loc: South Carolina
I work Customer/Technical Support for a small software company and I usually get an ID10T error about once every 2-4 weeks. This one I had to pass on to you guys. Here's the email conversation we had in about an hour's time:

her: Hi Russell,

I have a machine that all of a sudden will not allow the teacher to enter grades. It is a windows 2000 machine with Office XP. Other machines are fine - does not seem to be a problem with the program itself. Any ideas why this might happen?

Thanks!

me: When you say it will not allow them to enter grades, what kind of error message are they getting? Is it returning any message at all?

her: He says it is not doing anything...no error message. He's typing numbers and nothing happens.

me: Is he using the number keys on the right side of the keyboard and the num lock isn’t on maybe?

her: I thought for sure I'd be laughed at for even asking that question of our computer teacher (the one who WAS having trouble), but that's exactly what the problem turned out to be. Thanks for seeing the obvious! :-)

Yep, the school's computer teacher. Here's your sign.

#281483 - 15/05/2006 20:21 Re: Tech Support ID10T error of the Day [Re: russmeister]
matthew_k
pooh-bah

Loc: Berkeley, California
My high school computer teacher's resume included translating something from C to Cobol. When I pointed out the academic nature of the exercise he explained that it was a typo in his resume. It was quite a let down.

Matthew