Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#295367 - 15/03/2007 23:39 Repairing an office phone
FireFox31
pooh-bah

Loc: East Coast, USA
Do any electronics gurus think it's possible to repair a worthy, quality office phone? It may have a simple problem with the "repair" place doesn't care enough to fix.

I am responsible for a pair of Nortel Venture 3 line phones. These things are nearly the empeg of small office phones: high quality, but discontinued even from refurbish resellers, and impossible to find repair for.

One of the two suddenly died, sort of. Power surge, maybe; now it is unresponsive, or sometimes shows a limited menu, and rarely, works for a few minutes before dying. The refurb seller I bought it from referred me to a repair shop, who "swapped the mainboard". When I got it back, it still doesn't work.

Are there any electronics gurus who could tackle a phone repair? It sort of still works; when I first powered it on after repair, it let me place a call, receive a call, but the mic didn't work, and the button presses were lagged... then it died.

Now I find I can't buy another one because NOBODY has them. I really need a Nortel Venture on the office desk ASAP.

#295368 - 15/03/2007 23:58 Re: Repairing an office phone [Re: FireFox31]
hybrid8
carpal tunnel

Loc: Toronto, CANADA

#295369 - 16/03/2007 00:47 Re: Repairing an office phone [Re: hybrid8]
FireFox31
pooh-bah

Loc: East Coast, USA
Yeah, I'm going to buy an eBay one right now, actually. I'd really like to get this one repaired as a spare to avoid the MONTH of downtime caused by the repair facility not actually repairing the damn thing. Thanks for the reminder.