Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#5846 - 24/08/1999 07:56 A Roadmap would help!
jfranke

Since the couple of days i am having the unit now, i keep reading about this and that feature to be added at beta x. ISn't there a software roadmap avalible, a project plan which allows your customers to see when they can expect feature a/b/c to be implemented - or so the just know WHAT you will implement ? Eg. i am desperately waiting for the EQ function - i need the EQ to get the sound right - it's essential to me. A simple bass and treble adjustment would fit in the first place - but when will i get this ? Also - from the marketing side - this would allow future customers to see what they will get with the empeg - and there might be this or that feature which people are looking for, which cannot be found on any other unit out there. Might be a big pro-empeg argument.

If you do such a thing - please, don't be like Wintel an announce things which will never make it in.... :-)

Thanks, AO

PS: Don't slap me now - but what is yor plan in having a production software release out ?

#5847 - 25/08/1999 08:49 Re: A Roadmap would help! [Re: jfranke]
mac
addict

Loc: Cambridge, UK
The reason we don't have a software roadmap is that we don't want to make promises that can't be kept. Accurately timing software development is rather difficult as I'm sure many people here are aware.

For example, we've spent much longer dealing with bug-fixes in beta5 than we expected. This means that either beta6 will be later than we intended or lack features that we hoped would make it in.

We do have a rough idea of priorities for features but this is constantly changing with customer feedback. Our roadmap consists of "cool stuff will happen" the only variable factor is "when".

--
Mike Crowe
I may not be speaking on behalf of empeg above :-)

#5848 - 19/09/1999 12:49 Re: A Roadmap would help! [Re: mac]
Mark Petersen
journeyman

Loc: Denmark, Kbh Ø
Yust a online copy of the manual wout be **nice**
give me information please, how dose the meny work and so.

Mark
emaks rouls