Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#603 - 30/09/1999 21:52 Connecting to another radio?
94cobra
enthusiast

This thing has a serial port. Would it be possible to use this as an addon device for another head unit that I already have. If so would custom control be possible (with software) from the main head unit. I have and Alpine CVA-1005. Would it be possible with the current hardware(if you had the right software) to interface with the ai-net? I realize this ain't a high priority but would like to know if possible at all. Also is there a video out source of any kind. If this unit can be changed in the future to accomodate any encoding that may come along, why can't it also play mpeg movies?

#604 - 01/10/1999 09:14 Re: Connecting to another radio? [Re: 94cobra]
altman
carpal tunnel

Loc: Palo Alto, CA
AI-Net is proprietary, and it's unlikely to be standard RS232 so no, the current hardware couldn't talk to it. However, it's very likely that a converter could be made given enough coffee & a logic analyser - but it'd be underselling the empeg a bit hiding it away ;)

It can't play MPEG movies as there's no video out and the display isn't really up to playing movies :) (CPU power might be an issue too - you could probably get MPEG1 but that's it).

Hugo

#605 - 05/10/1999 09:55 Re: Connecting to another radio? [Re: 94cobra]
TommyE
enthusiast

Loc: NORWAY
I've though about the same thing myself, but for the SONY UniLink though.
Take at look at www.eriksen.no. I've put the SONY info I have there.

Tommy