Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#79294 - 10/03/2002 18:01 Setting LastPlayed using emptool (2.0-b11)
ickiller
new poster

Loc: Hombrechtikon, Switzerland
Hi together.

I wrote a perl script some time ago that synchronizes my local MP3 Library with meta information stored in a MySQL Database to my Empeg using emptool.
This script also saves some tags (mainly LastPlayed, SkippedCount and PlayCount) reported by emptool into my database for further use.

After a harddisk upgrade last weekend (replaced the drive), I synchronized my MP3 files back which worked without problems.

But then, I wanted to set these tags (LastPlayed, SkippedCount and PlayCount) back to the values I saved before, but that didn't work. The values stay the same.
I tried it manually with emptool to make sure it's not the fault of my tool:

/All my Discs/Roxette - Stars> lookup 99e0
2405 99e0 I\ Was\ So\ Lucky\ (Tits\ &\ Ass\ demo):
type = tune
length = 4057966
title = I Was So Lucky (Tits & Ass demo)
PlayCount = 0
SkippedCount = 0
LastPlayed = 0
artist = Roxette
comment = 2735
source = Stars
year = 1999
codec = mp3
bitrate = fs128
offset = 0
samplerate = 44100
duration = 253622
tracknr = 3
mp3db_trackid = 2735

So, all three values are zero. So I set it and did a sync:

/All my Discs/Roxette - Stars> set LastPlayed=1014324244 99e0
2402 Set LastPlayed=1014324244 for:
/All my Discs/Roxette - Stars/I Was So Lucky (Tits & Ass demo)
/All my Discs/Roxette - Stars> set PlayCount=2 99e0
2402 Set PlayCount=2 for:
/All my Discs/Roxette - Stars/I Was So Lucky (Tits & Ass demo)
/All my Discs/Roxette - Stars> sync

The sync reported no errors and after the restart i checked the values again and they were still zero:

2405 99e0 I\ Was\ So\ Lucky\ (Tits\ &\ Ass\ demo):
type = tune
length = 4057966
title = I Was So Lucky (Tits & Ass demo)
PlayCount = 0
SkippedCount = 0
LastPlayed = 0
artist = Roxette

In the lookup listing of another post (Re: "Least Recently Played" is definitely HOSED in) i saw other fields like play_count and a comment that LastPlayed is Bogus. I don't get such lowercase versions of these tags reported by emptool.

I was unable to find more information about the differences between this tags (mixed case and lower case ones).
Does anyone have more information about this tags? How can I set these tags using emptool?

Thanks a lot.

Roli

#79295 - 11/03/2002 07:57 Re: Setting LastPlayed using emptool (2.0-b11) [Re: ickiller]
peter
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge, England
Does anyone have more information about this tags?

Those tags (Marked, PlayCount, LastPlayed, SkipCount) are special, in that they live in a read-write disc area on the player (the "dynamic data" area), rather than in the *1 files. At about line 980 of Emptool's playerdb.cpp, you can see them being read out of the binary structure...

How can I set these tags using emptool?

...unfortunately, nothing in Emptool seems to be writing them back to the dynamic data area (instances of those tags in the *1 files are ignored). This is a bug in Emptool.

Incidentally, SkipCount isn't implemented on the player either,

Peter