Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#8106 - 17/05/2000 22:23 A little silly
eternalsun
Pooh-Bah

Loc: San Jose, CA
Can the empeg folks include breakout as an easter egg in the Mark 2??? You know that game that uses the rotary paddle to move a little pong paddle, bouncing a ball off of a wall of blocks.... ;) I know you guys don't have the time, but can you see that it makes its way in somehow? Be sure to put in incredible surround sound special effects, and laser beam power ups and all that.

Calvin

#8107 - 18/05/2000 04:42 Re: A little silly [Re: eternalsun]
JeepBastard
enthusiast

Loc: Brooklyn
AZnd they could add sveral games , like a Name That Tune game that plays the first few bars of a song , and you gotta get the name of the song.

It could support multiple players and work with inputing the song/artist title with the remote or with voice activation!

Empeg Kicks Ass
S/N 00203
<A HREF="http://www.iretro.com">http://www.iretro.com</A>

#8108 - 18/05/2000 12:15 Re: A little silly [Re: eternalsun]
Dearing
addict

Loc: Florida
I agree. Easter eggs are certainly not (I hope ) a priority, but it would be cool to include a few, if possible. Maybe a picture of the empeg team shrunk down and 4-colo(u)r?

_~= Dearing =~_
"WAY too happy about having #99."

#8109 - 18/05/2000 14:06 Re: A little silly [Re: JeepBastard]
eternalsun
Pooh-Bah

Name that tune!! That's an awesome empeg game idea. It would have to take a random 1 second segment from a random song. Play it. Then display a multiple choice list of mostly wrong answers and the right answer. Hmm...!!

Put this up on the list along with sideways tetris, and how about frogger???? or even better, Defender... remember that game? it's a side scroller where you have to rescue these astronauts stranded on a planet from the aliens.

Calvin

#8110 - 18/05/2000 14:30 Re: A little silly [Re: eternalsun]
rob
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge UK
These all sound like great projects, which other people should definitely get working on :-) We still have rather a lot of major features that we want to implement, but I reckon there's definitely enough information on the developer site right now to get some of those games working.

You can be sure that when third party projects start to appear, integrating them into the player front end will become more of a priority for our in-house team.

Rob

#8111 - 18/05/2000 14:32 Re: A little silly [Re: eternalsun]
muzza
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Brisbane, Queensland, Australi...
do you guys like crashing your car?
"I'm sorry officer, I didn't see the oncoming car because I was: a) guessing the name of the song; b) playing frogger on my Empeg; c) just about to rescue the astronaut in defender."

Hmmm....

#8112 - 18/05/2000 15:43 Re: A little silly [Re: muzza]
ClemsonJeep
enthusiast

Loc: Ashburn, VA
do you guys like crashing your car?

I would have to assume that these ideas would be either for a) a passenger or b) somene when they are stuck in an hour of bumper to bumper non-moving rush hour traffic.

Although the "name that tune" idea is really cool, and could easily (well, theoretically) to implement on the MK2 using voice recognition.

(O|||||O)

#8113 - 18/05/2000 19:54 Re: A little silly [Re: eternalsun]
MRHJr
journeyman

Loc: CA
Oh Boy....................I'm having flashbacks of hangin' at the arcade trying to impress girls with my high scores on Defender & Dig Dug & Asteroids & Donkey Kong & uh oh .......better stop we're showing our age!

Mike......................................(working on losing the "stranger" status)
Mk2 #105 60g

#8114 - 19/05/2000 01:06 Re: A little silly [Re: rob]
eternalsun
Pooh-Bah

Thanks for the show of support.... I'd give it a crack, but I wish I had an empeg to give it a crack with. hint. hint.

;)
Calvin

#8115 - 19/05/2000 03:01 Re: A little silly [Re: eternalsun]
debauch
enthusiast

Loc: West Midlands, England
...I wish I had an empeg to give it a crack with...

Well, there you go then - first project, an Empeg emulator and developer environment.

I'd knock something up this evening, but there's something pretty fundamental stopping me - I'm a crap programmer. :-)

Nick.

#8116 - 19/05/2000 04:47 Re: A little silly [Re: ClemsonJeep]
rob
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge UK
I can see how the "Name that Tune" game would be great for passengers (the wife and kids perhaps) on long journeys. The driver could easily join in if the passenger takes responsibility for operating the controls.

*considers how much more interesting than "I Spy" this would have been, whilst stuck on the M25 in the empeg demo car on numerous occassions*

Rob