Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#88039 - 15/04/2002 11:26 australia, ibook, ME45, ipod empeg what a mess!!!
Mario
stranger

Loc: Ireland
Hi guys,

absolut off topic I know, but I'm absolut losing control,

Problem...I'm going to Australia next october on a long holidays, I'll buy a motorhome with my girlfriend and be travelling around for at least 6 months...so now my problem....

I bought an empeg, a Siemens ME45, I'll get an ipod, I bought a Xircom card for my Toshiba 660CDT notebook...

Problem, Xircom card does not work, i have not USB connection, I don't have a Firewire connection....

Solution to buy an ibook and to sell all this "pieces from everywhere" crap Notebook connections at once?

Will I be able to get to work in an ibook empeg, Siemens ME 45 Mobil sync and so on with VirtualPC or so alltogether....can anybody give me an advice?

thank you....sorry for off-topic whatever does this sounds like :-)

by the way...this is the best bbs ever!!! I really mean it guys...

Mario

#88040 - 15/04/2002 12:35 Re: australia, ibook, ME45, ipod empeg what a mess!!! [Re: Mario]
guardian__J
enthusiast

Loc: MI, USA
with JEmpeg you should be able to sync with your empeg without needing a virtual pc...

#88041 - 16/04/2002 15:17 Re: australia, ibook, ME45, ipod empeg what a mes [Re: Mario]
RandallFarr
new poster

You shouldn't have too many problems with the iBook syncing with the Empeg under VPC. I use VPC under OS X on a Dual G4 500, running Win 2K. The single most useful piece of advice I can offer is this: 1: get the application File Buddy 2: use it to do a search of your mp3 folders for any items call ".DS_Store" and "Icon" and delete them right before you sync with your Empeg. I found that without doing this the Empeg would hang 2-20 minutes into the process. I have tried JEmpeg in the past, but found it didn't deal with mp3 tags very well; it couldn't even recognize ID3 v2.4.0 tags. Maybe this has changed since last I tried though, a couple months ago. Good luck, and have fun on your trip! -Randy

#88042 - 16/04/2002 17:43 Re: australia, ibook, ME45, ipod empeg what a mess!!! [Re: Mario]
muzza
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Brisbane, Queensland, Australi...
Where are you intending to tour?