I'm not sure where to post this (Technical or General) and with everyone in Europe for the meet, maybe it won't matter.

I'm trying to drop a new Hitachi Travelstar 80gig in with my stock 30gig drive. But I've been pouring over the Drive Upgrade Guide and I have some questions:

Washers: The picture shows red washers under the stock hard drive. Are those rubber gaskets or metal washers (or something else)? I figured rubber would be nice for shock mounting and metal would be bad for shorting out things. The traces on the Travelstar 80's are pretty close to the screw holes, so I'm REALLY hesitant to use even the smallest metal washers I can find. And what height should they be?

Screws: The screws in the DUG pictures are SO small and have such flat heads. The closest thing in my bag-o-screws is a little longer with a slightly rounded head. Is the height of the screw head really THAT tight that it needs to be flat?

Hot Melt Glue vs. Thread-Lock: What IS thread-lock compound and can I get it at Radio Shack or something? Or will a hot glue gun do the trick to secure the drive and cradle screws? And is it cool to use hot melt glue on the drive jumper?

Initial Warning: It's just a suggestion, but it would be nice to have a little warning at the top of the DUG saying "Read this whole thing first and be SURE to have ALL the tools and parts on hand and ready."

Ok, all, wish me luck with the Hyperterminal stuff and hope I don't bust my display board. OOh, how I hate to break that warranty seal...