Over the past few months, Ive noticed that the sound from my empeg just didnt seem up to snuff. It's been piped in through an FM modulator for about 2+ years now. I really noticed the difference when I left the empeg out one day, and my son wanted to play his new Usher CD (which is a burned CD of the mp3's on the empeg). Wow, the dynamic range and fidelity was almost as amazing as the first time I heard a CD. Now, Im not a big usher fan, but it blew my mind how bad the empeg sounded.

So, I checked it out, it sounded fine (identical to CD) on my home system. I figured it must be the FM mod. So, I picked up a $9 casette adapter at K-mart, and hacked some RCAs onto it. Hooked it up yesterday (luckily I left the sled's RCAs where I can get to them) and WOW, soooo much better. No need to even futz with the eq in the empeg. (back to flat).

I don't even know why Im posting this, as it really is no suprize, but I am just excited that my music sounds this good, and I wonder if it ever did through that FM mod, or if it just got a LOT worse over time...

Either way, since this is the first time Ive ever even stuck something in the tape slot, I think I'll just permanently wire it in. I can switch the tape back to FM or CD with a button without even ejecting the adapter....

Jeff