Because while the money, work, technology, development staff, and location seem ideal, the business is one that makes me super uncomfortable. Their business is to train people to make money at day trading through seminars and software which are purchased for $3K-5K; these purchases are prompted by high pressure sales techniques and infomercials. All of their posters/advertisements imply that they can help you turn your nest egg into a dream life of wealth and nothing is said about any kind of risk. I really do believe they have the best intentions (they are not intentionally scamming people), but nevertheless, people will be spending thousands of dollars with them with unrealistic expectations. Even though the development environment seemed like a decent fit for me, I couldn't sign on with a company that made me so uncomfortable.

So that got me thinking- for those of you who do not work for yourselves, at what point are you a "hired gun" just doing whatever it is you do, and how much do you have to believe in a company to work for it? And how much turning down jobs like the one I described above (for me at least) is a function of the time/places we live in?

Just an idle thought- I've never felt like I'd have to sell my soul to the devil to accept a job offer before, but that's exactly how I felt when I left the interview.