Best buy has the 30D packaged with the aforementioned lens and I'm wondering if it's a great deal. All of you guys who have a collection of SLR cameras and lenses help me out.

I'm actually wanting to compare the Canon 30D to the Nikon D200 and I can't quite make my decision. It seems that the Canons have the upper hand when it comes to high ISO images and the Nikons tend to have better software with more available features with a click of a button. There are, obviously, more advantages/disadvantages to each. I'm hoping some of you guys can steer me in the right direction.

So my questions are as follows:

1. Is the Best Buy package a great deal?

2.When comparing the 30D to the D200, which one should I buy?

3.What lenses do I want in my bag? I have read some reviews about the Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM lens and it seems that the "L" series lenses are the way to go. This is also a very large dent in the wallet!

4.Who has the better lenses? Canon or Nikon? Is there really an answer to this question?

I currently have a Canon Rebel 300D with the kit lens and a 70-300mm telephoto lens. I'm looking to make an upgrade and start working on photography a little more. I take a good bit of sports shots as well as landscape and still photo shots so I don't think there is a specialization that I would have. It's more of a variety of photography for me. I don't know much about photography just yet and I'm starting to learn more and more.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!!