Hi all!

I have a DAB/FM board which outputs its audio to the empeg's AUX input, and its controlled using a USB interface. For this I currently use a Raspberry Pi Zero and a single button on a GPIO pin whos sole purpose is to tune to the next audio station.

I have this working in my car, and it works. I could add more buttons, and make it a "proper" head-unit with a dot matrix display etc. However, a better approach would be to integrate this with the empeg so I get IR control and a single unit to control audio.

Ideally I would like the empeg to control the radio by sending commands over the serial interface, and I can use the Pi to capture the commands and "translate" into something the radio understands.

I found documentation on how to send commands to the empeg using the serial interface, but I need the other way around. I hooked up a serial cable to the empeg and fiddled around in the menu, like switching between AUX and Player, but nothing was written to the the serial interface:

Code:
kftpd: listening on port 21
khttpd: listening on port 80
ktelnetd: listening on port 23

Prolux 4 empeg car - 2.1434 Jul  5 2004

spindown_chunk_cache_runner.cpp: 294:Filling up space (-20)
ktelnetd: 192.168.1.228 connection from 192.168.1.100
ktelnetd: 192.168.1.228 connection from 192.168.1.100
  spindown_chunk_cache_runner.cpp: 294:Filling up space (-20)
  spindown_chunk_cache_runner.cpp: 294:Filling up space (-16)

I also had a look at the /proc folder, but nothing jumped out at me.

1)
Is anyone able to share something that I can use to make the empeg send all commands, including when audio source is changed (AUX vs Player) over the serial port so I can process it on the Pi side?

2)
I am assuming that all IR commands are passed through, even when AUX is the source?
I.e. the "Next" command would be captured and sent over the serial interface, despite AUX not really having the concept of "Next".

Disclaimer: I am not a developer, but I can muck around and I sometimes get there. In the end...

John