I *really* want a speed sensitive equalizer. Especially in a convertible! As the speed increases the cabin dynamics alters considerably!! And the noise level goes way up as well.

Since the empeg doesn't have a speedo input, how about implementing an EQ map feature that you can adjust using the volume knob? That way I can dial in the speed I'm going, and the empeg can compensate. So if I'm on the highway, I can dial in my cruising speed and the empeg will adjust the EQ accordingly.

If you can't do this, how about a simple toggle for "street" versus "highway" ?

I know this doesn't just affect convertibles, because road noise always plays in with speed..

With my current head unit, I find that I'm constantly adjusting the sound when i"m on the road, highway or simply parked listening to music. I think this would count as an excellent safety feature, one twist of the knob and the whole spectrum is adjusted for speed.

So basically it's well and good to have a song-by-song EQ feature, but being that it's a car, it makes even more sense to have a global EQ that can be adjusted based on car speed.

Calvin