I don't even know where the console would be. Fill me in and I'll try again. Note that that report was about the one and only time I attempted this with pre5 (or any of the prepre releases), so it's possible that it was a freak one-time occurence. Tell me where to find the console and I'll try to reproduce it. But if the console is supposed to be a pop-up window that shows the exception, as I've seen before, I definitely didn't see one of those.

1) I realized I wasn't totally clear about exactly what I did. I think you got it, but let me reiterate. When the top-level playlist wasn't added, I dragged a folder from explorer onto the left panel's root playlist item (BTW, it didn't highlight -- should it? If not, can you add that?). The second time, when it worked correctly, I dragged it into the right panel while the root playlist was open. Unfortunately, there was another difference. The first one was a folder that contained a folder that contained some mp3s. The second was a folder that contained tracks, without an intervening folder. I'll try to narrow down exactly what caused this problem later (when you tell me where to find the console). The only other thing I can think of that is not normal is that I'm dragging these folders from Explorer's location bar (where the URL would be if I were displaying a web page), and not from the main pane. I've never seen that cause problems with any other application before, but it's not 100% normal.

The only other things I can mention are that it wasn't exactly a large upload (two albums worth -- about 110 MB) and that both of the folders contained m3u files. One created a sub-playlist that needed to be deleted before the sync (I made sure not to delete any tracks during that process) and the other one was bogus, referencing files no longer there, which was reported when it was added.