Hmm. Big hints;

That photo was taken at about 7.30am one saturday morning in the car park at Heathrow airport. I had just arrived on the red-eye, and walked out of customs to find 3 of my friends looking ridiculous.

The following morning we all went to Villa Park in Birmingham to watch an underdog showdown with Liverpool in the semi finals of the FA Cup. My team, a lowly second division side, effectively ranking 60 places below Liverpool, held them goal-less for 73 minutes but eventually went down 2-1. (Hey we got a goal!). Not a bad result considering that Michael Owen's salary alone at the time exceeded the entire annual turnover of my team. And he was consistently thwarted by an ex-dustbin-man who had started when the team were non-league part-timers.
Obviously we were gutted at the end of a dream, but immensely pleased to have had it to start with. Having been a Liverpool fan in my early teens, it was great to finally see them play, and a live rendition of "You'll never walk alone" by 18000 'scousers' is very moving.
On a personal note it did mean that I didn't have to fork over more cash to fly back for the Cup Final. That weekend was expensive enough after the flights, game tickets, train fare and obligatory beers and kebabs had all been paid for.

So the starter question for 10 points is "Which date was that photo taken?", and for a further 10 points, "Which team do I support?"