Whlle on the topic of wireless, I've been eyeing a couple of options and I'm looking for any comments or suggestions.

I'd like to have an 802.11b AP in my car (mainly for the geek factor). I'd also like to use it connect to my home LAN (from the garage) for syncing with emplode. I don't yet have any wireless at home, so options on that front are still open.

I've been looking at Linksys's products and see a couple different paths, but can anyone suggest which of these would work?

1) WET11 plugged into the empeg, WAP11 in the house.
The WET11 appears to just be a client. Can two clients talk to eachother? If I had a laptop in the car with 802.11b card, could it talk to the empeg's WET11 while on the road?

2) WAP11 plugged into empeg, WAP11 in the house.
From what I've read, this sounds quite flexible. Maybe have to toggle the car one between client mode (talking to house) and AP mode (talking to laptop in the car) manually (script on the empeg).

3) BEFW11S4 in car, WAP11 at home.
The BEFW11S4 is cheaper than the WAP11 (scenario 2) and has a switch, but can be a client to another AP like the WAP11 can? If not, would I have to toggle the WAP11 at home and the BEFW11S4 in the car both into bridging mode to upload music? Would I then have to toggle both back to AP mode for a laptop to work?

I'm leaning toward option 2 plus a small switch. The switch would allow for a jack or two to feed laptops without 802.11b and a plug for a terminal server. I'm still holding out for the idea of a terminal server that could host serial ports for a GPS, OBD-II module and future expansion.