A real-life example of how this kind of evaluation can help. My Pastor (now ex-pastor since I’ve moved) is an extreme extrovert. I don’t remember the rest of his attributes, but I do know the extrovert part was a problem as it made the difference between being a vision-caster who never followed through vs. a vision-caster who would finish and excel at what he did. After taking the Meyers-Briggs test and reading the two different personality profiles (I and E), he made the conscious choice to avoid not following through with things and was able to be very successful. To this day I still see him fight this battle, but by being aware of the “traps” inherent in his particular profile he is able to be a more productive person.

That being said, I don’t think you can pigeonhole people, especially with a test of this sort. Like anything else, the results of Meyers-Briggs must be taken in moderation.