And here's a question: Because I recognize a bad tendency in myself and fight to correct it, does that mean I fall on the corrected end of the axis or the tendency end of the axis?

I don't think "corrected" is really an issue. For my pastor, it wasn't that being an extrovert was incorrect; it's just that it yielded undesired results in certain situations. He is still very much the extrovert, but he does take time to force himself to work in solitude when it’s required.

One thing I’ll say about the particular version of the test I linked is that it is particularly obvious in how it works. If you know what the eight letters mean it is very hard not to answer the questions the way you “think” you are, especially since they’re grouped together. I can only assume the real Meyers-Briggs test is a little craftier; I know other’s I’ve taken have been.

As for tendencies detectible by other methods, certainly they are. My pastor happened to realize it through this test (or actually the real Meyers-Briggs test) instead of one of the other ways available, so that was good for him. It’s just a tool, and like a hammer it’s good for a certain purpose . . . but don’t try to use for everything.