Okay, I've finally tested with HiJack and am getting the same results as Toby.

I've modified the AF debugger visual slightly so that in the WAITING state it also displays the number of frequencies in the AF list, and the signal strength (you will remember that this state is achieved by the range of signal strength readings equalling zero, so only need to display the one value).

The AF list is populating itself fine, I got a population of 10 alternate frequencies after just a few seconds of radio 1 (98.5) - However, all the signal strength readings seem to be returning zero.

This is intruiging since the standard full screen radio info mode seems to display a sensible value for the signal strength of the current station. A rather roundabout route is used by the code which retunes the radio for a fraction of a second during gaps in the audio and measures the signal strength, so it could be something there.

I'm currently investigating further and trying to determine what differs if HiJack is present. No disrespect to ML intended, but I think that due to lack of RDS in his country he will find this one very difficult to debug.

Toby